New Pricing for 2017:
RACE #1 - #9
$15 -- Per race (pay on the night of the race. Please note that after keeping the rate the same for ten years, the 2017 entry fee for each of the first nine races is now $15. We think it's still one of the best deals in town. Where else can you get a race, BBQ dinner, great prizing, and a fun paddling community for such a low fee? Big Chop! Cash or cheque only)
$20 for RACE #10 - This will be our 110th Big Chop and we're going to celebrate! We'll have a special menu, live music, cold beverages, and a whole bunch BIG prize giveaways.
2017 SERIES PASS:
The Season's Pass for the MEC Big Chop Summer Paddle Series is now available for purchase. It's a great deal that not only saves you money, but it also gives you exclusive benefits like swag, beer, and quick sign-in on race day. We have 50 passes available. Here's what the package includes:
1. Entry to all ten races, including the year end party
2. A limited edition Big Chop graphic t-shirt
3. An O'Neill tech top
4. One free beer per race
5. Post race BBQ (hot dogs/veggie burgers)
6. A chance to win some amazing prizes at every race
COST: $150 (+GST) with a value over $260!
You can purchase the series pass at the two races or online now.
Why the price increase?
For the past ten years, we've kept the price at $10/racer, but we're at a point now where our operational costs to deliver a safe and quality event requires a nominal price increase. We still feel the Big Chop is one of the best deals in town. Where else can you paddle, get a BBQ meal, win great prizes, and socialize with such an amazing community?
Series Passholders will now have priority on boat rentals. As a Series Passholder, you will have a 24 hour window to make your reservation for the next race. This means that from 9pm following a Big Chop race, you have until 9pm the following day to email your boat rental request for the next race. After this time, any unclaimed boats will be reserved on a first come, first serve basis.
1. Entries are non-refundable and non-transferable.
2. All participants are required to sign a waiver before racing.
3. All participants must be 18 years and older.
4. In the event that the race is cancelled due to weather or factors beyone the race organizer's control, the event will be reschedule for a a future date. Under no circumstances will refunds be given.